This was a very simple dinner to make and only took about 20min.
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 bag of washed spinach
2 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
1 small white onion, diced
3 oz queso blanco (cojita, ricotta salata, even feta might work nicely)
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp chipotle pepper (adjust depending on how hot you like your food)
juice from 1 lime
1/2 C chicken stock
1 tbsp honey
1/4 C tequila
salt and pepper
Southwestern Fritters -reheat by placing in a 350F oven (or toaster oven) for 10min, flip, then 5-10min until they're done
1) Place the corn in a pot of boiling water along with a couple tablespoons of sugar. Cook 5 minutes and test for done-ness. If done, remove and let cool. Once cool, cut the ears off of the cob and place aside. Alternatively, you can use frozen corn kernels.
2) Add the onion to a skillet and cook 2-3 min until softened. Add the spinach and let it wilt, 2 min.
4) In another skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil of med-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with 1 tsp chipotle pepper, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the hot skillet and cook 5-6 min turning once (thinly pounded chicken breasts will cook pretty quickly).
5) Remove the chicken and place on a plate to rest. Add the stock, lime juice, remaining chipotle pepper, and honey to the skillet. Scrape up any stuck chicken pieces and let this cook together until it comes to a boil.
6) Carefully (and away from the flames) add the tequila to the skillet. Here comes the fun!! LIGHT IT ON FIRE
|WHEEEEEEEEEEE!! BURNIN' DOWN THE HOUSE!|
Serve the chicken over the spinach/corn mixture topped with some pan sauce and queso blanco. Alongside go the fritters. Easy, tasty, quick, Flammable :) Now that's what I call dinner!
|Yummy Southwestern Fritters|