About Me

Monday, August 2, 2010

4th of July on Martha's Vineyard

Sorry it took so long to post this - I just realized it's been a month since Independence Day!  However, after just returning from a week's vacation on the Vinny I decided to re-live it one more day by finally uploading this post.

Boyfriend and I love the Vineyard and try to go a few times every summer.  Its the perfect combination of idyllic New England and casual preppy-ness.  Boat shoes.  Popped collars.  Khakis.  Tennis Whites.  Surfers.  Day drinking.  I know, crazy right?  Its like California in New England.  I just love it, but let me assure you that neither Boyfriend or I own or wear any of the clothing mentioned above.

We went out to MV for the long holiday weekend and did a lot of grilling and day-drinking.  For starters, on the 4th I made a quick and dirty version of Red & Blue Buttermilk Pancakes using strawberries and blueberries from my CSA.  We spent the rest of the day at Fuller Street Beach, relaxing, listening to the waves, talking about nonsense and catching some sun. 



That night before the fireworks we had a little cookout and Boyfriend made his "special" burgers (sorry, no giving away this recipe!), Israeli couscous salad, and elote, a mexican-style corn on the cob (check my post on esquites for an "off-cob" version).

Boyfriend Burger with Cheese

Israeli Couscous Salad (blurry, oops)

Elote (grilled corn with a mayo/cayenne/cheese/lime topping)































We picked up some flowers for the table and enjoyed some cheap white wine while we waited for sunset and fireworks.

Sun setting on Fuller St Beach - American Flag flying high
MORE FIREWORKS!




















It was such a romantic and wonderful way to spend the holiday weekend.  I wish I was back on the beach now - the cool, salty air, the sand, and a cold beer in my Al's Pal's coozie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails