About Me

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Arugula Pesto Pasta


I'm going to have to keep this one short and sweet (too much to do at work today).

It was a "perfect" Sunday for Boyfriend and I. We sat on the balcony reading, drinking coffee, talking. Very relaxing Sunday. Fortunately, it was also CSA pick-up day, so at some point I had to motivate myself off of the balcony and onto my bike.

This week was full of delicious summer produce: Corn, tomatoes, peaches, arugula, squash, eggplant, cucumbers, and lettuce. When I was brainstorming dinner ideas, I remembered that my basil plant is really flourishing these days. Ah-ha! Pesto. Perfect!

Arugula-Walnut Pesto

2 C washed arugula
1 C washed basil
1/4 C toasted walnuts
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 oz Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil

1) Add the walnuts, garlic and parm to a food processor and mix until finely chopped, almost paste-like.
2) Add the arugula and basil, the lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste. Blend again.
3) With the processor on, slowly add the olive oil until it reaches "pesto-like" consistency (I really wish I had a measurement for you... but I don't, I always just eyeball it).

I cooked up some capellini pasta and tossed it with my pesto and some chopped tomatoes (fresh from the CSA box). A little garnish of toasted walnuts, chiffonade of basil and Parmesan makes it pretty.

I had a nice Sauvignon Blanc with this, and the citrus notes really brightened up the flavors in the pesto. Yummy leftovers too!

Cheers to a relaxing, farm fresh, and delicious Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails