About Me

Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's about time

I've talked about it enough. It's time to actually start this here food blog. I'm no gourmet, I've never taken a cooking class, I'm a CSA member, I was a vegetarian for 7 years, I now eat meat, I don't have a "favorite" food, and I rarely make the same thing twice.

AND (thank god) I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves to eat everything that I cook, and a wonderful mom who taught me to appreciate wholesome food and "real-life" recipes. By "real-life" I basically mean I don't tend to follow recipes at all, and I am more of a "cook-taste-season-repeat" type of cook than a "measure things" type of cook. The biggest problem with this is that my inability to properly measure ingredients makes me a TERRIBLE baker :)

Hey! Cut me some slack! I'm a scientist... I experiment! It's what I've been trained to do!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog. As mentioned, I'm terrible using or writing down the measurements I use in my cooking, so expect some "a pinch of this", "a little of that"... sorry! I'm sure you'll figure it out.... blame my mother :)

And in case you were wondering: Apicius is one of the oldest cookbooks in the world. It came to us via ancient Rome (me too! Well... sort of... and Sicily... but still! Just let me live my fantasy). I hope my apicius will give you some insight into my passion for food, wine, and entertaining. Mangia! ~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails