About Me

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Michael Ruhlman: "Cooking makes us, and keeps us, Human"

I've been impressed and inspired by Chef Michael Ruhlman for a while now.  Not only is he a great chef, but he's also an incredible writer.  Today, I discovered that in addition to cooking and writing, he also has some very cool shit to say. 

As a physiologist and diabetes researcher, I find his rant in this video fascinating and powerful from a "development of the human animal" and "diabetes epidemic" perspective.  As a cook, it makes me feel very, very special.  For those reasons and many others, I say, "Thank you for speaking out, Mr. Ruhlman!"


Had Something to Say - Cooking from michael ruhlman on Vimeo.

PS. The book he's talking about is Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human, by Harvard Anthropologist Richard Wrangham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails