About Me

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Miso-glazed Shrimp Skewers


I was in the mood to cook something healthy last night.  Shrimp were on sale during my last grocery store run so I grabbed a pound of medium sized guys (& girls... no sexism here!).  Reed loves shrimp and I could have probably just steamed the whole pound, put them on a plate, and he'd have been a happy camper.

I need more pizzazz than that.... So I decided to try this recipe from F&W. 

Step 1) Make marinade:
2 tbsp lime juice (I hate measuring so I just used 1 juicy lime)
2 tbsp miso paste (I doubt it matter whether you use the red, white, or yellow to be honest)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 large clove garlic, minced



Add 1 lb of shrimp to marinade.  I let mine sit for a good 30min in the marinade to soak up the tasty juices. 



Step 2) Make spicy dipping sauce:
1 tbsp sambal oelek (use less if you are sensitive to heat... 1 tbsp = HOT)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 C nonfat greek yogurt (can substitute mayo if that's your thing)

Step 3) Skewer & Grill:
I threaded the shrimp onto skewers punctuated by scallion pieces.  Since I used my trusty panini press as a grill these babies were done in 1 minute (or less).  I served this with rice (for Reed) or salad (for me) and some grilled lime wedges.  Set the spicy dipping sauce on the side (in the back).


Last but not least, I paired this with a 2009 Brancott Savignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand) - PERFECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails